• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE track bar

Grey Crawler

NAXJA Forum User
I'm running the RE 7.5" long arm lift with 35s. I'm constantly having issues with the track bar getting sloppy at the bottom end (poly bushing). It wreaks havoc on my steering on the highway. All the angles seem good to me and I also have hi steer knuckles. Any suggestions?

When you say sloppy, is the bushing falling apart or is the bolt coming loose? Is the hole in the lower bracket wallowed out?

Get a clayton or Rockkrawler TB setup and never look back! (both use better bushings on the axle end, clayton uses a larger bolt, not sure about rockkawler)

you need to raise your trackbar mount and build a new trackbar with highsteer. id reccomend using no less than 1/2" bolts with your joints. and a solid joint at each end really tightens up the front end nicely.

you need to raise your trackbar mount and build a new trackbar with highsteer. id reccomend using no less than 1/2" bolts with your joints. and a solid joint at each end really tightens up the front end nicely.
I already have a raised mount and hi steer set up. I've thought about building a new track bar with a Johnny Joint on either end but i've been getting mixed advice on whether that would put too much stress on the rest of the steering components.

The last time I replaced the bushing I don't think it even lasted a month.

Bad batch of bushings then? Mine looks no different then the day it was installed five years ago.

(RE HD bar uses a larger than OEM bolt too.)

i've been getting mixed advice on whether that would put too much stress on the rest of the steering components.

false. it doesnt add any stress. if anything the solid joint doesnt absorb as much and gets transmitted to the brackets/ jeep. but ive never had any ill effects.

Back