• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KOH

The race starts at 8 AM, but will last all day. They will charge you to get in. $20, I think. To get a good spot, you should get there on Wednesday.....lol

So getting there early friday isn't a good idea? I saw on youtube a spot where there was a ton of people and the racers were just entering what looked like a canyon, if anyone knows how to get to that spot or will there be signs telling?

I thought it was free to get in but donations were accepted.

It's free to go check out the race but you are going to get stopped on your way in and they are going to ask you for the $20 in a way that makes it seem non-voluntary. You can not go into Hammer Town without a wristband which is part of the $20.

Also, I think all the money goes to trail groups and access, so think of it as a donation to the cause. It's not making anyone money, that much I'm sure of.

I'll be gladly donating my $20.

~R

Last year we pulled in around 7am. Watched the cars take off, then ran to a good location :D first stop was ok. On the east end. Forget what it's called, but they had to run up some canyon. LOTS of people there, but we still found a decent spot to watch from. Then we went to the west end @ Back Door. Much better spot, crowded - but again we climbed our way around & found a spot to watch.

You may not get the best point of view, but you'll still be able to see some cool stuff. I really liked back door, maybe somebody else knows a better spot.

Back