• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix ac delete pulley

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering If anyone knows where I can buy a renix ac delete pulley? Would a parts store carry these? I would like to just buy one locally instead of havingto order one. Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Are you being serious? Junk yards theonly place to get these?

Yes.

The vehicle in question hasn't been produced since 1990 and if you've noticed non AC equipped Cherokees with a 4.0 are not common. I have one AC delete pulley that I will not part with for this reason, it may come in handy down the road.

napa? I think I paid 25$...

NAPA? again lol... Or Summit racing, or Jegs, or Autozone! they ALL have em for the HO, thats for sure! as for the Renix, unless its a different story, they will have it for 19.99-24.99.

Ok update to my post, looks like 91 and up only is Listed. is there a difference? I dont recall. But Dorman / Help products has them available, so any parts store can get you the newer year and then maybe just compare? It looks like the price went up a bit too since I bought mine, 30-40$ looks like the current average.

Last edited:
napa only has the HO ones, not renix. as far as I know nobody makes one for a renix, the dealer doesn't even produce them anymore.

Yes, Renix is different. In order to go to HO he would have to swap out the fan mount (which doubles as the AC bracket), the alternator, and go with a custom sized belt in between HO and Renix size.

My local NAPA parts guy isn't the best.
Does anyone have a napa part # or?
*edit*
Local NAPA can get it but they want $44.94.
Sounds high?

Last edited:
just mount another alternator in its place. if i can talk the wife into scraping the AC, thats what i will do.

why? Turn that ac compressor in to a air compressor, easy and works Great!

the air compressor thing is allways an option, but i prefer to have a stand alone air supply. for tires and such it is no problem, but when you want air to help in fixing something on the engine or something, you cant turn the air compressor on.

I called my local autozone about the a/c bypass pulley. I was told there is one for the h.o motor, but only from 91-93. Has anyone done this to a 95 ho cherokee?

air tools to work on the engine? very rare. Mostly for tires, suspension, diff work, air up tires, fill matresses, etc.

I have a delete on my 92 but with a 99 PS pump and 95 alt. lol..

Back