• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HIDs won't turn on

Dest

NAXJA Forum User
A year+ ago I got one of those cheap ebay HID kids off of here and until last night it's been great. When my gf went to go to work the headlights wouldn't turn on, when I got outside one of the bulbs was flickering and then eventually that stopped now both lights are dead. I checked the fuse, that's fine. Makes me think it's probably the relay since it's been raining around here and it's both lights at the same time? Basic auto store should have a replacement for that right? Am I on the right track?

Would both ballasts go at the same time? I tried to get new relays today but no one had the same kind so I'll have to order them online.

Also all the H4 bulbs I have plug directly into the stock harness connectors, but the bulbs I'm currently using are different and have their own plugs. They're the kind that move back and forth for hi/low.

It's rare but yea technically they could both die at the same time. Quickest check would be to grab a multimeter and check your power and ground at the connector of the ballast. That will tell you everything you need to know. Don't try this on the bulb side of the ballast or it'll shock the living shit out of you!!!

Back