• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Valve stems

Cody90XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about to put a new set of tires on and it occurred to me that there could be better, more "off road" Valve stems then the normal kind.

I've searched and some threads have thousands of post when you search.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Cody

What are you looking to improve by getting valve stems that are more "off road"?

IDK,

Never had an issue with the valve stems but, while I was at it I thought I might get some metal ones or something like that.

Maybe I'm just looking to spend a little money on something that I don't really need. hasta

You can install super short metal racing stems Myers part #22133, they are 9/16 long, or go with Flush mounts which are a pain to use but are rock proof

just google "off road valve stems" there is a company that makes stems with sealed cores so they won't get contaminated by dust and leak, they are all metal as well.

Rubber ones bend and most likely bounce back in place brushing a rock. Metal ones can snap, no bend. To fix, weld a piece of tube around stem onto the wheel as a guard.

Back