• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Would this be considered frame damage?

jamesonw23

NAXJA Forum User
If the area behind the rear bumper where the 8 mounting holes are for the bumper brackets was a little bit bent but fixable with a pipe wrench? This may be a dumb question. I don't even think that would be considered part of the frame. But I am just wondering. Thanks

"Frame damage" isn't that easily applied to a unibody vehicle where there isn't a real frame per se. (or it is all frame, if you look at it that way)

IMO, since you said this part is a mounting location for another large part, it would be, to some degree, structural. Therefore I would say you have frame damage.

The frame rails were not touched. And the part itself I'm talking about was not really touched either. There is a little lip on the bottom that was slightly bent which is it.

Alright. It's a Cherokee I was looking at for my dad so unfortunately, I don't have a pic. Just a description. Thanks for the replies guys.

Back