• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chop top question

joecrotch

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, Iwas gonna chop the top this weekend (remove roof area above rear storage area) but I have not got my tubing for my cage in yet. So I got a little worried about chopping without the cage in. So my question is, Is it ok to chop the roof without a cage in, and then do the cage after. I wont be driving it until everything is done just wondering if it will start sagging right away. Plus if I can get away with it, it woud be easier to chop then put cage.

Thanks for your time

And yes I have frame support in mind but will be in a month or two the steel for the cage cost me a fortune lol!

cool, thanks guys. It is going to be so much easier to put the cage in without the back part of the top on!

I found a 4 Runner first gen roll bar hoop I'm gonna use that as my main hoop and build off that, should be perfect!

If you're planning on doing a full custom cage why would you start with the forerunner bar? Seems like it would be better/stronger/cleaner if you used all the same material and build it to fit.properly.

Back