• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broke front CCV elbow, temporary fix?

Fred85

NAXJA Forum User
So of course i break both CCV elbows on my '01 when changing the grommets/valve cover gasket. I already had a spare rear CCV elbow, but the front ones are impossible to find locally. Is there a temporary fix for this until i can order a new one?? Thanks for the help.

I wanted to do a quick check and clean my rear CCV, pulled up a bit and thought it might come out, then it just snapped at the elbow so it sticks straight up now. I used a piece of hose I had laying around and attached it to a spark plug boot from an extra set of wires, then plugged in the PVC tube and it fit perfect and has been that way for 2+ yrs, looks almost OEM!

01212012276.jpg

01212012275.jpg

That's creative, but unfortunately it won't work for the front elbow. That one sits nearly flush with the valve cover because there isn't much room between it and the hood when closed.

Right now i have tape over the hole :D

i broke mine in 2004 and used pvc fitting to connect to the aircleaner hose. it is still in service!

i just went to advance auto and got a plastic ccv elbow and a rubber grommet thing for a ford, i just had to trim the inside of the hole out for the elbow, but i put my little breather filter on an had no problem

That's correct. Luckily i found the elbow at the Jeep dealership in Cary, but it was seriously the last one in the area...

Just a heads up for others: Advance has the front elbow listed on their website, but it is incorrect...it is the rear elbow with the orifice

Napa had to special order it from New England and would charge me $10 in freight.

Oreilly supposedly has it listed on their website but would also have to special order it and i'm not sure if its the correct part.

Autozone had nothing but the rear valve

So how does this affect the renix if the lines arent hooked up? Had issues with the front line a few months ago, reran & rerouted it back to the intake box. Then decided to just be done with it all together - trimmed it own & plugged it off @ the cover with a small air filter. Figure if it's just a breather for the engine, no harm done. Plugged up the end at the intake. Temped to close off both ends of the line on the back end as well. Hate the clutter from these damn vacuum lines.

Back