• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE's leaf springs....now.

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
Their 3.5" leaf springs went down to $98 a piece since they came back to business. Anyone got any info on whether these are cheapies like RC springs or are they the same quality as before?

$20 more for OME springs, made in USA and great reviews.

$20 more for OME springs, made in USA and great reviews.

Mine say made in Australia. Just after I bought mine a few years back I read on another forum that someone bought the same part number as me and theirs said made in India also are no longer double military wrapped.

Dave

Hmm, maybe they're not USA then.
Either way, there have been a couple threads lately about the RE springs sagging. Everyone with OME is still saying nice things. I know which way i'd go!

I just bought a set of RE 3.5" and Coils for my XJ last month, The Leafs are marked made in India, I was talking to a RE Rep who stated since TransAmerican bought them out nothing has changed other than the Warranty ( No Questions asked if it's broke they replace it ) An He said they are working on thier bushings As for Springs Quality , Material and where they were made have not changed . I will see how true it is after I get my new lift on towards the end of next month

Their 3.5" leaf springs went down to $98 a piece since they came back to business. Anyone got any info on whether these are cheapies like RC springs or are they the same quality as before?

I've been through the RC seen and gave up. Going over to a set of RE leafs. Those started sagging pretty good to on one side even after i swapped left to right. Your gonna get what ya pay for man. JeeperJohn suggested BDS and man i'm kicking myself for not doing this sooner. Might be someone else to look into.

Well I'm about to pull the trigger on the RE leaves. You can't go wrong with $98 springs from a company like RE. I'm ordering em from Frank at Serious Off Road. He recommends em and said he had no complaints on em. I just want something to replace these crappy RC springs. I hate em!

I don't think I would really qualify either of my RE leaf packs "amazing quality." Bought 7 and 5 years ago.

Acceptable. I got mine 3 yrs ago or so. They're ok. Swapping to Deavers soon.

My RE 4.5" packs haven't sagged much in the last year, but the rear eye bushings are already toast (possibly exacerbated by stock shackles, whose bushings are also shot). Is RE even open again? I called yesterday but got a "We'll be back soon" recording.

Clayton's new-er leafs are good and what about BOR leafs? I heard those were alcans and we know those are good!

Ive had my 3.5" RE's for about 2 years now, and they were second hand to me. They've definitely sagged. I'm just lucky they did so relatively evenly. I'm at exactly 4.75" in the rear, and that includes my 2" lift shackles and HD shackle relocators. I wouldn't be surprised if their actual "lift" contribution was now below 2".

Back