• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1989 Fuel rail swap

89xjdd

NAXJA Forum User
I did the injector swap to 19# Ford racing injectors. Went to upgrade the fuel rail and regulator to the 1991 - 1995 model and it is not even close to bolting up and the fuel lines are different. Has anyone done this swap and what am I doing wrong. According to the chart I need to get my rail pressure up to 49psi for the 19#'s to flow the same. It is running ok without it seems like a little loss of top end but runs a lot smoother. Any help would be great. Thanks This is my first post so I hope this is in the right place.

Welcome to the site, its right where it belongs so dont worry about it.

I made an adapter plate thingy to run a H.O. fuel rail on my renix (easier to AN-ize)... However, the first time i ran it, it leaked... But once i shimmed it up 1/8th" at one of the bolts, it was fine, ran it for 6-8 months or so without any incidents....

Just an idea.... hard to recommend due to fire safety, but im just putting it out there.

Last edited:
EARLS AN-6 speedflex, and tubing adapters at the hardline and at the rail.
Not cheap, but the best stuff never is. Ive had ENOUGH of leaking plastic disconnects... both at the fuel rail, and at the transmission cooler lines. My jeep has 'allmost' burned down from leaking flammable liquids TOO MANY TIMES!

sounds good will be on my list after the bendix 9 delete i was under the understanding it was a bolt on direct swap. Thanks for the help.

all you need to do is buy some fuel injection line fromt he parts store, and the replacement quick disconnects to fit the rail, and where the fuel softlines disconnect by the motor mounts, and double hose clamp the fuel injuction line on the disconnects. been running mine this way for 3 years and no leaks, or problems so far

Back