• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need some help folks.

Trail Ready

NAXJA Forum User
I have noticed that my steering box needs to be replaced and my tie rod is bent.So after searching I have decided to go with the box out of the 98-99 Durango with a upgraded brace from http://www.c-rok.com/sb.html.I havent decided weather to go with Currie or WJ steering yet.The reason I am posting this here and not in the Modified section is I am hoping someone with more experiance would be willing to come give me a hand with this in exchange for lunch and a few Adult beverages:wave1:

currie will bolt on, WJ steering you need to find a WJ knuckle for the passenger side and all of the steering linkages.

Hey Mike,I am considering getting a new or rebuilt box instead of pulling one from the JY because with my luck I would get a box that's shot and would have to replace it again so can you get me a price when you get a chance please.Ted,thanks for the offer I work tonight and will be off tomorrow but I don't have the box yet to install so I will let you know once I have all the parts.

currie will bolt on, WJ steering you need to find a WJ knuckle for the passenger side and all of the steering linkages.

You need a WJ knuckles for both sides, WJ brakes for both sides, a new trackbar, new trackbar mount, and to build the steering. Expect to spend about $750 to do a WJ swap.

Thats assuming you aren't having to buy new wheels and tires, as most 15" wheels wont fit over WJ brakes.

You need a WJ knuckles for both sides, WJ brakes for both sides, a new trackbar, new trackbar mount, and to build the steering. Expect to spend about $750 to do a WJ swap.

Thats assuming you aren't having to buy new wheels and tires, as most 15" wheels wont fit over WJ brakes.

WOW,or I can just get the Currie steering and be done right?

WOW,or I can just get the Currie steering and be done right?

That depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

The WJ setup is better, works for taller lifts and drives better. It also has massivly upgraded brakes.

The Currie setup is a little stronger than stock, but offers no other upgrades - doesnt help with angles, isnt great on tall lifts, etc.

I think for now I will be ok without the WJ upgrade only because of the price and the fact that I plan on upgrading axles later down the road with brakes and stuff.Ted, let me shop around a bit too and see what I can come up with thanks fellas.

Ok so I managed to get m hands on a 99 durango non plow version and a c-rok bracked.Now from what I have read is I need to do some work on it to get maximum steering ablilt.Does anyone know how to do this and could give me a hand with it or point me in the right direction?I do not want to just tear into this thing and try to figure it out but I am anxious to learn.Ted and I are going to install it and the new Currie steering as soon as this is done so I can get back on the trail.Thank you for any and all help.

I didn't have to mod my durango box. Worked just fine. Its a hit and miss. At times u will not ne lucky and have to mod for throw and others are fine.

Back