• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Socalfest 2012

Where should we hold Socalfest this year?

• Duh, we always have it in Big Bear!

Votes: 42 80.8%
  • See my suggestion in this thread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corral Canyon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johnson Valley area

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Truckhaven

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
Folks, it's time to start planning for Socalfest. We need to decide a few things as soon as we can. When, where, who etc. Post up your thoughts. We will need volunteers to do a few things. We need people to:
1. organize and conduct the meal.
2. set up trail runs and lead them
3. assist with getting donations for the raffle
4. doing press releases, getting the word out about our organization

Please post up if I am forgetting anything. :D

corral canyon is one of my favs and is closest for me. but with that said, i've never been to big bear in a truck, so that would be cool. truckhaven is also fun. does everyone typically camp, or is it a day trip thing?

Hey john my girlfriend owns a catering company. Just saying.
How good do you wanna eat? Lol

after thinking about it, i think it would be best to keep it where it's always been so people who look forward to it every year can stay with tradition. there's always enough trips to corral or truckhaven it seems like. maybe have a mini event for the people who prefer to go there, non naxja sanctioned or something.

Keep SoCalFest in BB.
New poll: Where should the 3rd SoCal event be?
Anyone ever camped at CC?
i've spent a lot of time out there mountain biking and dirtbiking, and i've had friends who've camped there in april. I've also camped in that general area in May. it's cold as balls at night.

SoCal fest needs to stay in Big Bear as it is an annual event and destination.

Other places mentioned should be added as other events to be organized. EVERY time we get together at Big Bear it is commented we should do other events at different locals. We should also have something maybe camping related in August (like the Swamp Lake run in the Sierras).

Might I also suggest an organized run to Calico as well as Stoddard Valley (Pumpkin Eater).

There's always the Oceano dunes/rockfront for a "mini event" There is camping on the beach/just off the beach

CC is not big enough.... keep it in BB.... a socal-naxja sponsored run to CC would be great, but it aint big enough for that size event.

johnson valley would be a bad idea because of BLMs regs... best to keep that one off the books IE goatfest.

Obviously we will be keeping the event as it has been in Big Bear. So we will have it at Serrano campground as usual. We need volunteers willing to take charge of the various things mentioned. Who can step up? Regarding the meal, having a caterer do it would be OK I guess but we need to raise money for our chapter so if she is willing to do it for her costs and donate the extra to the chapter then that should work I think.

John I talked to her and she is willing to donate her (and my) time prepping cooking and serving. Chapter only has to pay for materials I.e. food and eating utensils. She has a commercial kitchen for prep. Final would be onsite :)

John I talked to her and she is willing to donate her (and my) time prepping cooking and serving. Chapter only has to pay for materials I.e. food and eating utensils. She has a commercial kitchen for prep. Final would be onsite :)
very cool of both of you. :thumbup:
if there's frozen pizza involved, i can definitely help, i got that down.

We have the Who and What. Now we need the WHEN..

Back