• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CPS harness upgrade

ferntr33

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of doing cruiser's renix refresh. Jon Kelley's ground kit installed. I cleaned the c101 a bit.
I was thinking of bypassing it eventually when I ran across this TSB 18-51-88.

I am third owner, just hit 200k, and am not sure if it has been done already. I was looking at this: http://www.lunghd.com/Downloads_and_Links/CPS-87-90-update.pdf

As far as I can tell on page J-17 in the picture after step 18, figure 6, there is a harness grommet that will route the CPS wires into the cabin. If this was done at the dealer, it should be

Correct me if I am wrong, but if I can trace the CPS wires to this grommet in the firewall the kit is installed?

Last edited:
I was going to keep cleaning the c101, but if the CPS isn't even in there. . . I might try to get the reading and see if its at spec. Next step is to try what you did and soak c101 in solvent and refresh every electrical plug I can find. btw what solvent did you use? I was wondering if goo gone would work well, as brake cleaner didn't really seem to work as quickly as I had hoped.

Keep cleaning the C101 anyway and find out if the CPS has been bypassed while you're at it. There are a ton of other important signals that need to travel through the C101 besides the CPS. I use Napa's electronics or electrical cleaner. That crap takes time to get cleaned out. Stick with it.

Back