• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 era D60 coil mounts. what did you use?

ct67_72

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking for pics or info of the 88ish ford d60 axle in the front of an xj. The 87 I think to 89 have the very short drivers tube. Im curious to see what people have used for coil mounts, and track bar mounts
Has anyone successfully used the frame side track bar mount in the factory location? Curious to know if it will have to be moved forward to clear the housing.
Right now Im looking at ballistic mounts that incorporate the lower arm, coil, and shock, they are 2.5" mounting width and look like they will work fine, but Id like to see some pics, and options.
Thanks.
P.S. I was going to post in advanced fab but I dont have access.

but you can look at builds in there, look at mine and moparmanic's builds, it will solve all youre issues, im runing a 87 housing he has a 88 housing, and dont listen to those who tell you to cut down the housing for room, theres no need of it

Coils are impossible!!!!

1qk2vq.jpg

I am doing the same thing with a 93 ball joint 60. I used the ballistic fab bracket and joints. The problem I am having is that the brackets are not angled inward. I mounted my lowers inside the frame and the joints a pretty much maxed out. I think they would be ok if you put your lowers directly under the frame but you then might have tire clearance issues. In the near future I will be cutting and modifng the brackets so that the angle inward a bit.

I am still setting up my steering a trackbar so no pics or advice or that yet

Thanks guys, I've read most of the builds, I have to hp back and look at those specifically again though.
My lower mounts are inside the frame so I'm going to look at those ballistic brackets a little better, if nothing else I can modify them.
Those are the things I really need to know.
Oh and I'm not narrowing the housing.

I think you'll be able to use those mounts you mention, you'll just have to work a little magic with them is all.

Im not using a stock track bar bracket, but wondering if one will fit in the stock location. So if I can use mine, in the same location, with a modified track bar. Its already double shear with a flex joint.

Back