• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 xj radiator / transmission line disconnect

aquaholic

NAXJA Forum User
97 xj 4wd, auto trans, 4.0L. do i need some kind of special tool to disconnect the bottom transmission line from the radiator? i was replacing the radiator and didn't expect to see a quick connect coupling on the bottom trans line where it connects to the radiator.

Should be two plastic tabs on the radiator side of the line. Squeeze those together while pulling the hose apart. I had to push the hose together, then squeeze the tabs and pull the hose off to get mine loose. Hope this helps.

there is a tool, but you can get them off with a set of needle nose pliers. There's anot quick connect at the radiator also, but you've probably noticed that by now. They suck

I replaced a radiator on my son's '95 a few weeks back. His was all crudded up too. I just cut the fitting off and put a small flare on the new radiator lower fitting to keep the cut hose from sliding off. I then just slid on the the cut hose and put on a hose clamp. Seems to be working fine.

Back