• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 and 99 header differences

1998xjg

NAXJA Forum User
I finally got my 99 manifold to swap on to my 98 and all of the threads I have read people use aftermarket headers. I know i should be upgrading my headers to match the manifold but I already got the manifold and currently do not have the funds for new headers. So the question is will there be any clearence issues with the 99 manifold and the 98 headers? I looked up serveral part numbers for 98 and 99 headers and they match. and input would be great cause I am starting on this tommorow.

They should fit. If they don't, grind a little off the intake manifold until they do.

Manifolds are a pain, I would wait until I had both manifolds and only do the job once.

I pulled the 99 intake today in about an hr so i think im gonna go for it. now if i find some cracks in the exhaust while im at it guess im gonna get a new header

I pulled the 99 intake today in about an hr so i think im gonna go for it. now if i find some cracks in the exhaust while im at it guess im gonna get a new header

Yeah, it's easy to tear one off. But since they use the same gasket, you'll be removing both intake and exhaust manifolds, then reinstalling them, then you'll be doing it again for the header. The later manifold is not going to make a huge difference; you will be doubling your labor for little reward.

Back