• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good front coils?

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
Been gathering up parts for 5 or 6 years now and am finally putting my XJ together.

Using the Pro Comp coils from my original lift kit along with some ACOS spacers for about 5 1/2" (drop brackets and custom built control arms) and have decided that they're just too stiff!

They don't come anywhere close to touching my 3" longer bumpstops when stuffed and drop away from upper seat if I run a long as I should shock when drooped.

Who makes a nice riding spring that'll allow some decent travell.

Rusty's rates theirs at 150 lbs
Iron Rock......180
RE................210(?)
OME.............?
Any others you guys have used and can recommend?

Hans

re 4.5" springs arent too stiff. probably in the range youre looking at. i run them and theyre a good spring for a comfy DD ride with my drop brackets

TJ coils are typically softer you could look at a couple of them I run a set of fatbob's 4.5" TJ coils which netted about 3-3.5" with a 2" coil spacer and they very soft and long enough that it is almost impossible for me to unseat them.

Back