• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ disk to Chrysler 8.25 question

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
Im converting to disk this weekend and was wondering what size the ZJ caliper bracket has to be opened up to. I just want to have the brackets ready rather then mess around running back and forth. Anyone ever measure what it has to be?

Don't have a measurement, but it's really not very much. Make sure you take a wire brush to the axle tube and really clean off all the gunk; the unmodded backing plate will *ALMOST* fit on...

1/32"

studs won't line up quite right either you will have to make the wholes a little bigger as well but not much

from what good write ups say using kj (liberty) brake lines part number 52128510-AG work well

Last edited:
Its not very much we did this to my cousin's 99 not too long ago and you will notice a small bevel in that opening and we ground away to the point where there was no more bevel.

And X2 on the bolt holes but its nothing a dremel and a carbid bit couldn't make quick work of.

The bolt holes on my backing plates from a 99 ZJ lined up fine on my 99 8.25, and like others have said, its literally like cleaning up the rust on the inside of the backing plate and you can tap it on

1/32"

studs won't line up quite right either you will have to make the wholes a little bigger as well but not much

from what good write ups say using kj (liberty) brake lines part number 52128510-AG work well

+1, I opened up the ones I used (off a 98GC) about that much, It took 5 minutes per side with a sanding drum on a drill press.

I did the conversion on my 87 and only had to use a dremmel on the center. As long as to grind it all evenly the holes should line up. I didn't have to drill the mounting holes at all.

x2 agreed on the liberty parts. i used the brake lines 32.99 for left side and 34.99 for the right side at ur auto parts store..althought the liberty setup is a direct bolt on it is a lot easier to find a zj then a kj but thats totally up to what your junkyards have in stock

I've only seen one KJ on the yard vs tons of ZJs.

I just did the conversion and it makes a huge difference.

Don't forget the proption valve parts.

Badass. i've got a valve sitting on my toolbox. Perhaps tomorrow....

Back