• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blown Rough country shock first time on trail

FleXJ96

NAXJA Forum User
I had a 2" lift and RC 9000 shocks and the first time out one of the front shocks blew. I was just installing my 4" lift last night and noticed I could push the driver side up with a finger and it makes noise. while the passanger takes everything you have to compress. I called them and they send a picture of it and they would send another. Has anyone else had a simlar experinece with RC shocks? This was driving through sand and mud basically, no climbing or flexing.

I see you didn't mention jumping :D :D

Sounds like a simple failure and the Manufacture is standing by the product.

Shyt happens to new products occasionally. That's why they have warranties :D

exactly what wb9yzu said. and this thread was kind of in poor taste if they are completely taking care of it.

Couldnt dissagree more vanimal, rough country are big boys, and they can handle a thread.

They package garbage shocks with their lift kits, because most budget minded xj owners dont care about shocks. My first kit was a rc 3", and i completely destroyed my front shock bushings within hours of hitting JV... this was 5 years ago.

This is not the end of the world.

One thing RC will do is stand behind there products and even the wearable items to a certain extent. I had the 2.0's and distroid the seal in on first time out. They gladly sent me a replacement. As well as a lot of there other parts i went through. Eventually i got to the point of hating having to replace replace replace and swaped out RC for quality parts.

:banghead:I wish i would have done it right from the start. Would have saved me a ton of time and $. I know there are some that have had good luck with them and others that haven't. Just food for thought. :wave:

Vanimal must have not read Flexes entire post... I don't see anywhere that he's bashing them. Just stating what happened with what product and seeing if anyone else has had the same issue.

Looks like a shock that slipped through the quality check

Glad they took care of you.I have beat the crap out of my RC lift and it is still going(4 YRS). Now go thru the jeep and tighten all nuts and bolts again before you go out in it. I go thru mine every other run now.
Just in case

I spoke with them yesterday and they said to send pics of the shock and of my LCA bushing that wore out quickly. I will keep ya posted as to thier actions...

I feel sometimes people get upset when someone posts a review about a product defect, when the company has a great track record of outstanding customer service.

Sure, I love being treated properly as much as the next guy. And great customer service is one thing I never take for granted. That said, no amount of customer service or treatment will ever make an exceptional part.

This guys bought a part, and it broke the first time he used it. That SUCKS. Sure, the company fixed it and came through on their side, but regardless it still makes the product looks bad. Just like my treadwrights last month. People try and hide a mediocre product behind a good company.

They shipped out another today. worked with Jason. He was very nice. Once again I am not tlkaing bad about RC, I started the thread just to see if it happened to anyone else. If I didn't like the company I would buy their products. But I do...

Back