• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ still blowing air w/ key in off position.

Keekleberrys

NAXJA Forum User
Noticed a big puddle of coolant on the ground today and opened the hood to find some coolant running down the engine, grabbed the the upper radiator hose plugs in and a geyser of coolant shot out. Fixed that no problem with a new hose from NAPA.

Now just I ran to the store and when I key off I notice that heater fan is still blowing. Is it possible something got borked up just from being wet? Wouldn't have thought a little coolant geyser would cause a problem like that, but I have no idea how long it had been leaking for.

It does this in all key positions, off/accessory/on, and even with the key out.

Noticed a big puddle of coolant on the ground today and opened the hood to find some coolant running down the engine, grabbed the the upper radiator hose plugs in and a geyser of coolant shot out. Fixed that no problem with a new hose from NAPA.

Now just I ran to the store and when I key off I notice that heater fan is still blowing. Is it possible something got borked up just from being wet? Wouldn't have thought a little coolant geyser would cause a problem like that, but I have no idea how long it had been leaking for.

It does this in all key positions, off/accessory/on, and even with the key out.

That is a weird one!!!!:dunno: does the fan run on the lowest setting, or can you turn the fan speed up and down with the switch even with the key off? if you can turn the fan speed up and down with the key off, i would say the main power for the fan is getting crossed over with another power source.

I have noticed that when i turn my key to accessory to listen to the tunes, i have to turn my heater controls to the off position, or the fan will continue to run on its lowest setting.

Heater blower or electric cooling fan?

Im confused.

Im guessing your talking about the aux fan. Id swap the relay with the starter relay and see what happens. And if it keeps going let the electrical fun begin. My aux fan had some problems staying on after shut down a relay solved that.

Back