• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

different style o2 sensors?

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Been chasing a p1035 error and went to get a new front sensor, made the kid show me step by step how he.looked it up so i knew it was the right one, get home pull out the 02 from the engine and they look completely different, threw it in anyways and light went off for a bit but now its back on, same part just different style or wrong part? Fuse was still good so I'm out of guesses on the code

00 sport with Calif emmissons 4.0

Hmm, do you mean a P0135 code, not a P1035 code?

If yes, it is a problem with a lost 12 volt power to the electric heater in the O2 sensor, wiring or bad relay inline that feeds 12 V to the O2 sensor internal electric heater.

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0135

Yeah that's the one mike, relay fuse and sensor new, all grounds are less than a year old and still clean and tight

Yeah that's the one mike, relay fuse and sensor new, all grounds are less than a year old and still clean and tight

Then one of them is bad or has been damaged. Get out the ohm meter and check the wires going to the O2 sensor for physical damage from the drive shaft or exh pipes. Also check the O2 sensor connector itself. Check that 12 volts is actually at the O2 sensor connector, 2 grounds, and follow the operating test link how to and check it live.

Back