• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 doors fit 91 xj?

Mnt2fly

NAXJA Forum User
Hi thanks for this forum.
Bought a good running 91 xj for $1500 in the spring, got it running well. PO had shaved the door handles and removed the electric lock system. Has a remote to open each door (4 door) from the outside. So no ext. door handles or rods from the latch to outside handle. No lock cylinders and holes are welded and filled. Now the remote isn't working at all, batteries good. I really want door handles back! Also have a couple dents in the doors I'd like to get rid of. :dunno:
Found 4 doors off a 97 xj for $100. Are all electric (so is my xj). Can get latch bolts if different. Part numbers are different and when I look up the internals they're different. Instead of redrilling holes, chasing parts, finding all the little connectors, etc, can I mount the 97 doors? Thanks

I wonder if the rear doors are the same looking at the article the 97 front doors look like they work just need to move the stricker and do the electrical

The door swap article from JP magazine is for late(97-01)XJ doors onto early XJ or MJ. This is what you are looking for.

Back