• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 no start

cadamas01

NAXJA Forum User
I am working on a 94 with a 4.0 auto trans no spark and no fuel. i believe the main problem is the no fuel. it does not even pressurize the fuel rail on the initial on signal. Relay is good fuses are good, ignition switch ohm's out. the fuel relay never gets it's ground to energize. I believe it is the pcm or the wiring from the pcm. Is there anything else it could be?:confused:

You need to verify fuel and spark separately. Here is a good place to start. If I remember it is written with a Renix system in mind, but most of it applies. I just (or so it appears) finished battling starting issue and while my problem was the PCM I wouldn't be so fast to blame yours. Start with the write-up and one thing I would suggest is checking your main grounds, and jumping power directly to your fuel pump to see if it is even working. Keep us posted and good luck.

I'm guessing that pin 51 is a ground, or is it the ground the PCM sends out to close the ASD and Fuel Pump Relays?? This is one that I haven't checked on mine, but I am now getting spark, just not fuel, but first I am going to check the power back at the pump and see what it is at.

Jeff

Back