• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vaccum line from pumpkin...

chacona

NAXJA Forum User
I recently discovered a hose coming from my pumpkin that is disconnected and I have no idea where the other end goes into...The end that leads to the pumpkin is connected but not the other end..anybody know where the other end leads too???

If it's stock, it's not a vacuum line, it's a vent line. The line from the front diff should run up to the firewall, along with the vent from the transfer case. The line from the rear diff should run into the unibody as a vent.

I miss the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!!! LOL,

WTF is a Pumpkin on a Jeep?

At least it didn't get called a "front rears" :wierd:

Ok, guess I'm tarded, I don't get it?

Apparently, a "rear" is the rear axle (makes sense), and a "front rear" is the front axle...because that makes sense. (Some people call it this, but Ken is referring to some thread a few months back)

Occasionally someone who is related to their family members in more than one way will refer to a front differential/axle housing as a "front rears". Because apparently a rear diff is a "rears" so now there are "rear rears" and "front rears".

Got a headache yet? :gee:

Haha, I think I remember that now
So all solid axles are _____ rears (fill in blank with position relative to the vehicle)

So what kind of front rear should I use on my high COG build on 40s?
I was thinking 30/35

Back