• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Me Finish My Build

Bleckers3

NAXJA Forum User
The Jeep is off the road for a while. I got most of the lift installed. Just waiting for the temps to be more agreeable to add SYE/DS, shim and torque rear, shocks etc. The 3.5 otherwise is installed and the jeep is on it's wheels.

Here is the Question:

I am very interested in making 33x10.5 on 15x8 4in backspace wheels work with the lift. I got quotes for gears and lockers and they are reasonable.

Do I buy 31x10.5 and run with stock wheels for a while, or just suck it up and do the 33x10.5 now.

I have a 4.5 lift vision with BDS long arm, but I want to see how a well bump stoped RE 3.5 handles after minor trimming.

So:

Run 31's then sell
Go for the gusto and get 33 with lockers etc.
Somewhere in between.

I also am not allowed to drive the thing for another year:looser:, so it can sit around and cost can be spread out as needed.

Help silence my head!

Specs: 1998 4.0 auto, 231
Lift: RE 3.5 Super Flex arms and IRO Adj TrackBar

To be installed:

AA SYE and Tom Woods Shaft
Zone 4.5 shocks
Zone Steering Stab
JKS Disco
BPE front and rear
IRO tie rod

Agreed with frank...

Buy a tire a month if you can afford it, since it cant be driven for a year... Then in the 5th month buy all the wheels since that equals about 1 tire in cost, pay the 45 bucks to mount em up and your good to go.

Gearing is something that needs to be done with bigger tires, but you can get by without for a while as well. BUT that being said, if your going to do lockers anyways you may as well drop another grand on getting them.

Also... If your already seeing a long arm setup in the future (an entire year from now) why did you even do the short arm 3''? Seems like your spending or thinking of spending all your money twice.

Thats just my opinion

Back