• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do any know of a good 8.8 swap write up?

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
I searched a few times and nothing shows up.

Re: Does any know of a good 8.8 swap write up?

its easy , just buy some leaf mounts like $20 , u bolts for a for 9 inch from a junk yard will work, set the pinion angle with it loosly bolted up, tack weld the brackets, pull it out and weld it, weld the tubes in to. dont bother redoing the whole brake setup, just get a soft line extention at auto parts store, cost me $12

ps my SS braided extended line setup was only about 2" longer than the factory 8.8 line and a waste of money,

and a spicer flange to conect your driveline, factory on rangers with 8.8s or use the one from a exploder with a 1310-1330 conversion ujoint

Re: Does any know of a good 8.8 swap write up?

here is everything you need minus the brake hose:
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/88SS-31.html

You can run a brake hose from your local parts store just find one with the correct length depending on your lift height.

edit: the kit above even comes with new shock mounts. Also as said above it is recommended that you weld the axle tubes to the center section. I ran mine before the 9 inch swap without welding them though and did not have any problems but if I were to do another 8.8 swap I would. Just my $.02

Back