• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE coils. Rear droop

EFR98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to replace my 4.5" coil and 1.75 spacer with RE's 5.5 coil. Just wondering how much you guys actually gained in height? Reason I ask is I dont want to get into the leveling game. I'm pretty much maxed in the rear (4.5 pack, 2" shackle n relocation bracket). New leaf packs is not in the budget.

Droop Q. I had my XJ on the lift today and noticed my shackles were 10* towards the front of the truck (leaf side). How much does the shackle have to point forward till something bad happens? Kinda made me not want to get longer travel shocks. Thanks

i know my front RE 5.5 coils are about 19-19.5 in at ride height. And i don't think you'll have any issues with the shackles like inverting them like a front front on a yj.

Sorry for the late reply babyhuey. How'd you measure your ride height? Center of the rim to the flare?

I pulled the rear shocks the other day and lifted the XJ with the rack at work. The shackle moved forward a hair and that was it.

My fenders are cut, i'm measuring static length of the coil at ride height. i can measure anywhere you want me to. i run liquid iron rear slider boxes on mine, way better ride than shackles, i would look into those for the rear.

Mine are cut also. I measure mine from the the center of the wheel to the first crease(SP?) on the fender or quarter panel. That'd be cool if you can measure! Yeah funny you mentioned the slider box cuz I have a guy whos selling a pair for 200. The only problem is that I'm running 4.5 packs, relocation bracket and 2" shackles. Eliminating the the two may or will loose lift in the rear?

Back