• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar?

slow50

NAXJA Forum User
so im thinking about building my own track bar but was wondering about the bends in it. whats the deal with them? is there a specific place to put the bends or can i just match the stock bends? its going on a 4.5" lift. ive also seen some real custom setups that dont have a bend at all. thanks.

I think I read that lifts over 6" dont have axle clearance issues so you can run a straight track bar.

I think you can bend it how you like as long as you clear the diff cover. Dont quote me on that though...

the bends also reduce the working angle on the joints.

If you really want to make life easy just get an over the axle bracket and build your straight trackbar. Then llater on if you decide to go with OTK steering or a WJ swap you'll be set!

If you go with a double sheer frame bracket the angle of the trackbar would be a non issue?

ok i was gona double shear the frame side and i was planning on running the stock location on the axle side because im not otk yet.

If you go with a double sheer frame bracket the angle of the trackbar would be a non issue?
the reduction in the angle is also good for the axle side since you have to clear the bracketry on the axle. :cheers:

gotta mount on top of axle if your building a straight TB with that lift or it will bind on stock mount, i have a double shear IRO TB works great , strong too, landed it on a rock last weeked , only scraped paint

Back