• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FIRE!!!

Yamadevil

NAXJA Forum User
dammit jan 1st 2012 is the first time i have had any of my rides catch fire, but today it happened. dragging the yard and my p/s return line broke off the pump and caught fire. i didnt catch it in time to avoid dammage but when i did see it i yelled for my 9 year old to grab the extinguisher and he actually listened for once and we got it out.
Damage:
injector harness toast
p/s pump broke on the side
my hopes and dreams lol
and it was too dark to see anything else i guess ill find out when i look in the day light

this sucks ass. lucky for me Carol hit me up and she has a harness and a pump. hope the pump is good. Thank you Carol once again you are a hero. now i owe you again :kissyou::kissyou::flame:

JUST ANOTHER REMINDER that every jeep needs a fire can!
Were you able to get the hood open, or did ya spray from underneath?

sorry to hear man. i suppose it could have been worse though. car-BQs are often non distinguishable. glad you got it out in time to save the jeep. i hope it didnt damage too much.
on a side note, thanks for posting this. my power steering res. has been leaking for a while and i just keep adding to it. looks like i am fixing it in the next day or so.

that sucks! hope the damage isnt beyond what you listed.

Thanks guys and yes i got the hood open. it was a little hot but i didnt care i was getting that fire out. i hope the ps pump from carol is good if not i will need one of those. i will know if i need more when i get home and look at it in day light. it poped the whole line nub for the return line off the pump and sprayed the exhaust manifold. i posted this on FB and my buddy replied his did the same a week ago and he was able to save his as well. i would suggest peeps check there systems out obviously not as freak of a accident

Same thing happend to me On Mother's Day Ride going up the back side to BigBear!!! But over heated the presser line melted the fuel return and FLAMES out the hood vents!! Melted all the plastic on the drive side!! One trip to gasline pick apart and 20 bucks good to go. And a hundred bucks off AN Fittings and Braided Line From Summit. And that wont happen again!!!

Back