• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dash Gauges

Cody90XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So, my story kinda goes like this.

I spent some time wiring in some fog lights and some stereo stuff. Just about all of it had already been wired in but, I changed the switches up and made some permanent mounts for the switchs. Basic clean up stuff.

After this my dash gauges and a/c controls are dead. I've rechecked everything that I can see but, I can't seem to find where something got disconnected or ????

I've checked all the fuses inside and under the hood. All look good.

Anyone have any ideas or can tell me where the connectors are fro the dash gauges?

Did you pull all the fuses or just look at them? If you did electrical without diconnecting the battery id assume you blew at least one interior fuse depending on what you,ve spliced into maybe more.... Ive "looked" at fuses and thought none were blown, then actually pulled them one by one and found a blown one after some electrical work. or if you pulled all the stuff completely out did you maybe overlook just putting the twist in light sockets back? Did that one before on the climate control light after pulling it to put in a new deck/ amp wires

Pulled all the fuses and looked at them. Seemed like they were fine. May go through them again.

All the lights work but, the needles won't move at all and the a/c stuff doesn't turn on.

Oh, I didnt know exactly what you were talking about, whether it was mechanical or the lighting. That being said Id go back through all the connections to both. connections are just on the back... Did you pull the guages all the way out? did you pull the climate control unit all the way out? maybe they got put back in without the connectors snapped all the way in. If you didnt pull them out and they stopped I cant think of anything other than fuses, maybe a relay in the engine bay? but not sure on the relay.

Looks like I found it. :(

When I drilled through the grommet to I accidentally drilled into another wire. It's the wiring harness that goes under the dash near brake booster. Hard to get at and repair the wire that is under there. Guess, I'm going to have to be creative on how to repair the wire.

Update.

I actually drilled through 8 wires and damaged another 2.

Moral of the story is take more time when doing this kind of thing. I've done this stuff a million times and never had a problem. This one took me about 8 hours to figure it out and fix correctly.

Back