• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

extend ABS wires with lift

jeeptorino68

NAXJA Forum User
any info on this? i found some limited information online but not much, on discussion in reference to a ZJ, can i just splice in some wire of matching gauge?

thanks

How much lift are you planning on running? I'm at 5" with no problems. I did however, take the cable out of one of the brackets mounted to the frame.

They're heavily insulated to protect the wire from being flexed too much, and are twisted pair cable to reduce radio interference. I wouldn't try to splice them outside the body.

However, if you pull the carpet up under the driver side of the rear bench seat you should see both cables coming through the floor. If there is enough extra cable there you can extend the regular wire on the other side of the connectors they plug into and then make a new rubber grommet/seal to keep water out of the body, leaving you with more cable outside.

kastein,
that is what i heard about the wiring too, i already un hooked them from the brackets underneath and that gained some length. i will check under the carpet tomorrow.
right now i am at 2.25 or 2.5 lift, planning to add another 1 in the back and .5 up front to clear 31s with a little more space

pulled the carpet back today and was able to extend the cables enough, i had to undo the clips that were holding the cable down under the carpet, but thats ok.

Thanks

Back