• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ & TJ Low Pinion D30 Gears interchangeable? same/same?

Boost_Retard

NAXJA Forum User
Are the TJ/XJ LPD30 gears the same thing?
A local guy has some "TJ" gears for sale for a D35/LPD30 and if they will work in my 01 Xjs D35/lpD30, i will buy them.

i was once told that they are not the same, but i have never been able to confirm.

I'm pretty sure that I installed a set of TJ low pinion gears into a friend's LP XJ. My memory is failing, but I'm almost certain they're the same.

Pretty sure they are the same, as far as I know the axle housing was used on the XJ so that they wouldn't have to order HP 30s for the last few years of production and any leftovers could be scavenged for the TJ assembly line.

I'm religiously opposed to putting any money into a 35, but the TJ 35 gears will fit your XJ 35 fine as well.

LP's use standard-cut gears.. HP use reverse-cut gears. So yes, TJ LP30 is same as XJ LP30

thanks for the replys.
wonder why the guys at rough country told me otherwise, it seemed to me that they would be the same but ya never know.

i bought my 4.11 gears from RWK but if i can pick up this set of 4.88s they would be good to have around if the 33" tire bug bites.

Back