• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help with my bonehead move.

Trail Ready

NAXJA Forum User
I remove the bolts that hold the steering box in to install my winch bumper bur had ti run to the store and forgot to put them back i..I got about 1/2 a block away and realized it drove back home and its leakinf oil.How bad did i mess it up and how do i get it to line up again?

Just got a new phone hope this works
2011-12-29142830.jpg

just disconnect the TRE at the pitman arm. Loosen or remove remaining bolts and you should be able to line it up.. Look like you need a new seal for it though..

just disconnect the TRE at the pitman arm. Loosen or remove remaining bolts and you should be able to line it up.. Look like you need a new seal for it though..

Wrong side of the box, that's the steering shaft ;)

Not a hard fix though. If all three bolts were out you're probably okay. If one was in through you probably broke the box.

Wrong side of the box, that's the steering shaft ;)

I understand that... But it is PITA to line a steering box up with the drag link to pitman arm still connected.

Thanks fellas,I removed the linkage and pitman arm and was able to realign the steering box but i did mess up the bushing ob the pitman but the good news is that i dont think the main seal is bad because its not lraking anymore.I guess this is a good time to upgrade to currie steering.Thanks again.

probably just flexed the seal for a moment so some fluid squeezed by. probably ok, just keep an eye on it.

What's the rule for Jeep? If it's not leaking, it's not working right..

What's the rule for Jeep? If it's not leaking, it's not working right..
No, no, no... If it's not leaking, it's empty....

Back