• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions about Howe Clutch Master

mpro1

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 1990 with the ax-15/5spd.I replaced clutch flywheel master, and slave around 3yrs ago with a luk clutch/slave & flywheel. I bought a parts store master cylinder which has just failed leaking.

Wanting a quality replacement I've discovered the Howe Masters. After extensive searching the threads here still not sure exactly what it takes (mods) for proper linkage/fitment into the jeep??

Some clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Also looking for a replacement headliner/shell etc. around the L.I. NY area.

I did the Howe MC upgrade about 10 years ago. You will have to do some very minor fab which requires you to take the existing rod to the clutch pedal, grind the end down and braze/weld it into a coupling nut. It took maybe 15 minutes and a propane torch. I went with a slightly bigger diameter to help compensate for having turned the flywheel down. You end up with a rebuildable setup that works great.

Somewhere I have the pix. A search on here may bring it up.

Thank you. I haven't been able to find the pic.. I am guessing that you just weld it up so that the rod LOA (after mod) equal to the stock rod LOA??.....

Back