• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any national chains stock battery rejuvenator EDTA?

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for some battery rejuvenator juice, aka EDTA. I have used it for decades with pretty fair luck. I can buy it on the web but would like to find it in a store today. Any body know of any chains that carry it. Walmart and HF used to carry it but don't anymore.

Not sure, but if the EDTA is ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, then it may be harder to find of late, as it is under scrutiny as a possible problem chemical.
(cancer causing or metallic leacher of soil.)

Note from DJ

I used Google advanced search Battery rejuvenator EDTA

Info I found hear
http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?2930-EDTA-a-Battery-Preserving-Agent
Obtain some EDTA (tetrasodium ethylenediaminetetraacetate or simply tetrasodium EDTA) from a chemical or lab supply place. This is a chelating agent and (I THINK) used on folks that are going to get an MRI scan. Four (4) grams are divided into approximately equal portions and added to all the cells of a motorcycle battery. Four grams are added to each cell in an automotive battery. Agitate battery frequently for a few days (normal use will do). Finally, give the battery a thorough charge.

EDTA is pretty much just Epsom Salts but in a refined state. I searched on Google but wanted to find a local supplier.

Back