• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C8.25 Locker

werewoulf3

NAXJA Forum User
Ive looked and looked and looked for info on this and cant find crap.

I want to lock the rear because everyone says to lock it first, now ive looked for an Aussie and a Spartan but the spartan didnt look that strong, so has anyone had any problems out of them?

Suggestions on any other lockers?

Spartan is rather new but I'm pretty sure that lunchbox lockers are going to be comparable in strength/operation. My aussie works great.

I prefer the No-Slip in the back of 8.25's. I loved mine, never slipped, and never made a sound. Got a great deal on a used one and some alloy shafts for my axle, run it for a few years with 4.56's and 35's before I sold it. Similar setups in friends rigs with aussie/lockrite make noise on the street, but prefrom great as well on the trail.

Im not sure, if its 27 then i plan to upgrade, any easy way to tell?

Yeah, pull a shaft and count. My 99 still has a tag near the passenger side wheel that says 3.55 open and I think it mentions splines. I haven't bothered to change it to 4.56 locked.

Then you've most likely got a 29 spline.....but the only way to know for sure is by pulling your shafts. Someone before you could have switched out the axle or who knows what.

Back