• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clearing oil gallery - how?

Sandydog

NAXJA Forum User
I read that sometimes the oil gallery where te oil sensor unit is screwed into can sometimes be clogged and affect psi readings. I would like to try to clear it unplugging the coil wire and give it a few cranks with the sensor removed. Novice question.... Can someone tell me where the coil wire is that I should unplug? Looking at the engine I must be blind but I can't figure out where it is.

There is a spark plug wire that is in the middle of the cap, follow it, it goes to the coil.
Unplug either end an crank away

There is a spark plug wire that is in the middle of the cap, follow it, it goes to the coil.
Unplug either end an crank away

Maybe,since no year was specified!

yep.. It's a 2000 4.0 with what I believe they call a coil rail. On this type of design is there a coil wire I can unplug to crank and not start the engine?

Remove the oil pressure sender, then the 90* brass elbow from the block. Clean out the elbow and the sender. You can do a visual inspection of the threaded hole in the block to see if it's clogged. I doubt it is.

Back