• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Planning major fix - Front-End suspenshion

Hey Y’all,
I am planning some major front ended rework. I developed death wobble a bit ago, and would like to just do a real upgrade/replacement on the front end suspension.

What have ya'll done? What do I need to consider? Any lessons learned? That type stuff.

The Jeep in question is a 99' XJ 2.5L 2x4. (Long term this will be project Jeep, but for the time being it is still a daily driver when I am state side.)

Thanks for the help,
--
Patrick "Aqua Bear" Lewis

is it still stock height, lifted? if you know there is damage to the track bar i would first fix that issue. That would be a likely culprit of death wobble. If you are still stock to probably 3" i'd say just get an oem replacement, maybe brace the frame mount side a bit and see if that get's rid of your death wobble

I wouldn't waste to much money on a 2wd front beam if you're going to be doing a 4wd swap anytime soon. As suggested I would replace the track bar and check the frame and axle end for any play. It's likely that the axle side mount has been enlongated allowing the track bar to gently move back and fourth. I drilled the axle mount out to 1/2" and changed the sleeve in the track bar for a 1/2" bolt to fix the enlongated hole.

I am up for any ideas. I want to do this right the first time. I have also been considering a 2-3" lift overall. I am not against doing the axle already if I can get a hold of one. I am just doing the planning right now. I am overseas and interested in planing this out so I can have part at home ready to do the work when I get back.

Back