• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Vacuum Lines?

Dirt Yota

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if you can get all the 'hard line' vacuum lines from the dealer? or teamcherokee? After doing the APN header install today, just about every vacuum line broke from being brittle.

Thanks!:woohoo:

Also I dont want to start another thread but if you cut the trans cooler hard line what can you replace it with? 3/8 ID fuel line? I want to cut out the stock 'soft lines' and add my own line so I can re-route for a cooler. Plus one of the stock soft lines is leaking bad. I want to eliminate it all together with my own soft line.

AW4 btw

Yes, you can use fuel line and I believe it is 3/8".
To verify a round object's size, use an open-end wrench as a gauge. Just a tip.

As for the vacuum lines, I would try Napa.

Yes, you can use fuel line and I believe it is 3/8".
I would not suggest using fuel line, transmission fluid is not compatible with the composition of just any hose. Any decent auto parts store will have either power steering return line or transmission oil cooler line in bulk lengths, don't skimp on a system as important as your transmission, buy the right stuff.

I would not suggest using fuel line, transmission fluid is not compatible with the composition of just any hose. Any decent auto parts store will have either power steering return line or transmission oil cooler line in bulk lengths, don't skimp on a system as important as your transmission, buy the right stuff.

Just the info I was looking for! Thanks a bunch!

If you really want to beef up those soft lines go for a stainless braided high pressure lines. Plus they look nice too

I have a couple of RENIX models, a 90XJ and a 89MJ. I deleted the hard plastic lines where/when I could with 2-cycle fuel line. Not the cheap stuff you find at AA or AZ but the good stuff your local lawn equipment repair shop has in stock.

Like what I did with the EGR vac circuit on my 90 XJ

P1020306.jpg

Back