• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brush guard?

greythunder3

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking for something realively simple. A grill guard that keeps the factory bumper, with brush guards attached. Ive seen this setup referred to a "brush guard". Im having a hell of a time trying to find one! do they just not make them anymore for out xj's? I find a few that replace the bumper and the ones in pics i see i look up and they are no longer made or available.

Help?

They also attach pretty hokey, so unless you mount them with tow hook brackets, its kinda fugazi. When you put your hand on the bars, you can feel a small bit of flex, just from your hand...

they are for looks, and mybe protecting your grill and headlights from... brush. if you get in a wreck tho the damage can be worse than not having one at all.

yes that is exactly it. I understand they are offer no protection. The most off road my jeep has been since ive owned it was my grandmothers gravel driveway. It's a total city jeep. Strictly for looks.

Hit ebay. There's currently an OEM brush guard complete with lights and the frame/bumper brackets (apparently these are really hard to find). Search "cherokee brush guard -grand" or something like that; I only got 5 or 6 returns a little bit ago.

Back