• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some help from anyone with a 97+ with a power driver seat

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to buy a power driver seat base for my 97 but I dont know how much space that is going to leave me underneath the seat. This is a problem for me because I have an indash touch screen with an external "brain" that I have underneath the seat and I need to figure out if I am going to need to move it to underneath the passenger side seat. Only reason I want to know know is because I am trading him my manual base and cash so I need to get this in asap. Can Anyone post a pic or run out to their Jeep and measure how much space I will have between the bottom of the base and the floor in about the middle of the seat?

On my '98 w/ electric driver's seat ...there's about 2.0" of floor-to-seat clearance, but much
of this is already taken up by some sort of electronic box (OEM) that is bolted to the floor.
I have not idea what this box is for - but it doesn't leave room for much else.

Tucking everything under the passenger side seat would seem to be your best bet.

On my '98 w/ electric driver's seat ...there's about 2.0" of floor-to-seat clearance, but much
of this is already taken up by some sort of electronic box (OEM) that is bolted to the floor.
I have not idea what this box is for - but it doesn't leave room for much else.

Tucking everything under the passenger side seat would seem to be your best bet.

Thanks for the response! I figured that was how much it needed to clear that box. That box is the air bag inertia module that actually has a recall on it where they replace it for free with one that is relocated to under the center console. The original apparently would go bad underneath the seat there and would cause the air bags not to deploy when necessary. If call you local Jeep dealer they will give you all the details. Mine has already been removed so I have that space open and the external brain for the touch screen is no thicker than that original inertia module so I think I will be good.

Back