• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Charging Issue

menos

NAXJA Forum User
CEL came on this morning and the voltage gauge was in the middle of the red. This happened to me a while back and it was the alternator so I just swapped it with a new one from o'reillys (lifetime warranty). While I was working on the truck I had the battery on a charger. It probably took it about 4 hours to charge up so it was definitely drained.
I got everything put back together and headed down the road. Voltage gauge showed just on the plus side of the first mark outside of the red. Within about 10 minutes the CEL came back on and I watched the volts fall down into the middle of the red.
Pulled the codes this time and I am getting 12 22 47. 12 is the reset so i'm not worried about that.
22 - Coolant voltage low-coolant temperature sensor input below the minimum acceptable voltage/Coolant voltage high-coolant temperature sensor input above the maximum acceptable voltage.
47 - Battery voltage too low-battery voltage sense input below target charging voltage.

Any ideas?

Back