• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tore my unibody

BruteNasty

NAXJA Forum User
Well i trashed my XJ this weekend, ill try to get pics tomorrow. It tore the "frame" behind the drivers rear wheel and shifted it some. Is this a normal place to tear it up? Ill try to get pics tomorrow.

did it actually pull the front of the leaf spring mount away from the unibody?

no it was behind the axle. if you pull the shackle out of the box (it now has to be hammered out) it shifts over to the side about 2 inches. Also theres ripples in my driver floorboard, about a 3/4" gap in the top of my drivers door, and the left rear door wont open cause its hitting the drivers door

I kept trying to get up that little ledge on the way to Kodak and it was wet so I kept sliding off to the left and slamming on my rock slider. It was pretty rough

ive torn my frame and unibody in several places. i just kept plating over it and welded the doors shut. still drives and wheels fine

If it wasnt for the gap in the door and the shackles not lining up i wouldnt mind. Im gonna get another unibody and brace the hell out of it then put it together

Back