• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some fun "poser" pics from our trip to Elko, NV

jumpnjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone :wave1:,
Went up to northern NV over Turkeyday break to visit my bro-in-law. went out in the hills behind his house and had some fun exploring and climbing some little things we found out there. Only a few pics (we were more interested in driving and having fun than getting out and snapping pics) but there are a couple of decent poser shots showing some flex. I was trying my hardest to get the heep to wave for the camera but it didnt want to co-operate. although I did find that I need lockers, there were a few things I wanted to climb that I ended up just spinning one wheel and having to back out. had lots of fun overall and thats really all that matters.

BTW heep performed awesome and flexed like a pro! Thanks NAXJA and everyone that has helped me with advice and parts during this ongoing build process.:thumbup:

Elko2011024.jpg

Elko2011022.jpg

Elko2011021.jpg

Elko2011020.jpg

Elko2011013.jpg

Elko2011008.jpg

Elko2011007.jpg

And here is a pic of these weird old chimney stacks or ??? that are out in the hills behind his house, they are huge and we have no clue what they are or why they are there!

Elko2011011.jpg

Most likely ancient Native American dwellings, im guessing the artwork in the right side of the frame is some sort of diety they worshiped.

i've never seen so many big green penii in my life.

Nice pics, reminds me a bit of my jeep. i'm guessing that's with the sway bar connected?

didnt even think to look in the pics, i guess it's obvious you dont have one. I thought they came stock with one, did you/someone take it out?
How's it handle on the road without them?

Lol, yes someone did take it off. When I bought it, it was very stripped down. I have been rebuilding ever since.
Handles great on the roads I have a front sway bar that I got at the junkyard, but I haven't felt the need to put it on yet. It rolls a bit in tighter fast turns but reall how fast are you going to drive in a lifted XJ anyhow? My wife drives it with no complaints so I'm not worried.

cool. i have a sway bar on mine and i was planning on getting the quick disconnects. i drive like an asshole on the road so i kinda need it.

Lol, at least you can admit it! Yeah I have been planning on putting it on but I don't have any end links yet and I'm real lazy, lol. Besides I still have other more pressing issues to deal with before I worry about a sway bar that we haven't needed in the last 2 years of driving haha.

Most likely ancient Native American dwellings, im guessing the artwork in the right side of the frame is some sort of diety they worshiped.

I literally just spit redbull all over the computer screen at work, thanks :roflmao:

Lol, at least you can admit it! Yeah I have been planning on putting it on but I don't have any end links yet and I'm real lazy, lol. Besides I still have other more pressing issues to deal with before I worry about a sway bar that we haven't needed in the last 2 years of driving haha.
haha i hear ya.
how much lift do you have on yours?

I'm about 3.5 right now +/- need to gather a few more little pieces (u-bolts, an sye, some other junk) and I will make the jump to 5.5 +/-. I am getting ready to build some bastard packs and I have a 2" spacer for the front end, just need and the other little pieces to make it work! Lol, its gonna be a while!

But so far 3.5 on 31's has worked just fine.

@Boveevil~ thanks I picked it up from Tone just before the trip so I could take a spare with me. I didn't want to try and smash a spare 31 inside with all the luggage and my daughter in the back seat!

Looking good ASA, been a couple months since I had seen it. Last time you did not have a roof rack and I think you had the tires...cant remember.

I also remember the night you brought it over...I was like "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU GET YOUR SELF INTO".

Looking good :D

Thanks Leep,

Yeah its come a long way since I dragged the carcass into your yard. The tires are actually off the XJ that I dragged down from pismo beach last year, just finally took em off. But the wheels I had already they were the first wheels that were on it.

When do you plan on coming back from Laguna? Maybe we will leave lake Isabella early and come by for a visit. I need to get the leaf packs from you anyway and its been a while since we have been able to really just hang out and relax!

yeah you might as well enjoy the trip right! Ok well I will talk to you soon, and dont forget to kick some ass out there for me. I am still bummed that we arent able to make it, but theres always going to be other trips!

Back