• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get drive shafts?

hpi_jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I'm at the end of my bolt on build.
I'm running a box4rox np231/d300 d30 and 8.8
I am aware the price of shafts but am I paying for a name with high angle and/or
tom woods?

Before I added the box4rox I threw the 231 in the jeep just so I could move it around. sitting at ride height the stock shaft was binding. (just running a IRO 6.5 LA) So I guess that puts me in the market for some shafts that have some angle to them?

I run a "Tom Woods" rear drive shaft and have never had an issue with it in the 4ish years I have gotten it.

My buddy "RMS692" on the board needed a front shaft and got one from "Adams driveshaft" and has had no issues with it yet either.

Both last time I knew where both NAXJA sponsors as well.

Still no SYE or HnT? Have you set your rear pinion angle?

My XJ is running a Rustys 6.5 LA with Accos spacers and HD rear brackets/longer shackles locked on 33s then on 35s. I have the 242/sye w/Tom woods drive shaft and have not had a problem with it in 3+yrs that I have been running it. Even dragging it on rocks or high rpm shifts getting out of deep clay mud pits. My buddy is running a RC 6.5 lift/33s/sye and just has a stock front DS lengthened and his is still holding up to the same abuse. If money is not an issue go with the TWs DS. Ive heard nothing but good about his stuff. If trying to save some cash, find a local DS shop and have them rework a stock front DS.

Bill

if you have the equipment, making your own is always an option. you can find the procedure on here somehwere. there is a good write up on it. just be as precise as you can.

My shaft's a Woody.

I always had local driveline shop driveshafts but ordered a fresh pair of driveshafts from Tom Wood when I put the Atlas in.

I get mine locally. I can get three driveshafts for the price of one Tom Woods. I have never had a failure that was because of the driveline being faulty.....usually a rock gets it.

I went local as well and saved quite a bit compared to Tom Woods, its the shipping that really gets you. Plus its good to know local driveline shops when you might need something fast

I run an Adams Drivshaft. He's a sponsor here. GREAT GUYS to work with. There out of Vegas. Do a search for "Adams Driveshaft" and you'll see. They go by AdamsDS on here.

Back