• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackles angled forward rough country 4.5

blenny

RRC President
I installed the rc 4.5 x lift about 5 weeks ago and have put almost 900 miles in it. When I installed the kit I noticed the rear shackles pointed foreword ably 15 degrees and i had to work to stretch the spring between the shackle and the front mount. I figured after a while the spring would flatten a bit and the shackles would reach at least 90 degrees. Also the rear rides very rough which I assume is caused by the shackle. so my question is should I wait a little while longer and see what happens or try to fix it? The only fix I see is a shackle relocation kit, are there other ways to fix this? BTW they are the stock shackles.
Thanks

Re: Shackles angled foreword rough country 4.5

I beliebe RC messed up the shims on a bunch of leaves and they point the wrong way.

I have heard so much bitching about their springs lately

The pinion angle is okay, I used a rustys shim and 1in drop crossmember instead of rc's drop kit and I have no vibrations . It does seem the springs are short, but I expected them to settle out some.

Last edited:

Have YOU called them, RC that is? Thats what i would do, cause both my jeep don't have this problem.Yes they're both on RC lifts.Everybody will stand around and say chit cause they are always better than anybody else.LOL. Try giving RC a Call and see what they say, They could have made a mistake and sent you the wrong springs.I know they're not made in india and went belly up.LOL

If RC ends up not being able to take care of you then there's a great deal going on right now for the best relocation brackets out there! http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1074962

I wouldn't trust the RC brackets... I noticed a tweaked pair under an XJ at my school. I tracked down the owner and he said they're only a couple months old and they did that from flexing out his rig on some pretty easy trails. In other words, they weren't beaten on.

Good luck! :peace:

Stick a few hundred pound in the rear for a week or so to soften the up. RC leafs have a huge arch in them for lift. My guess it you got close to 6" with them. Mine did. Rides like a tank to. As said befor call them if all else fails. There customer service is far better than the product. IMO. But just out or curiosity.. Why did you use a tcase drop and shims? For pinion angle? Usually it's tcase drop with no SYE and shims with SYE.

Long story short, that's what was recommend, I needed to replace the crossmembr, the original was bent, so I went with the 1 in drop member, but there was some binding at the rear u joint so I was told to run the shims. I am not yet running a sye

when i installed my rc 6.5" long arm lift this was my shackle angle it sucked!!!
IMG00191-20100908-1345.jpg

i complained and they discounted me some relocation brackets(not a huge discount) and when they sent the relocation brackets i pulled the springs to swap them for f100 rear springs and the bushings were mangled after a year only a handfull of runs and its not a dd so then they had to send me new bushing free of course
2011-11-19_11-35-27_88.jpg

this is just my first hand experience others have had better luck but yeah ive been reading lots of bad things about rc lately hope this helps :)

Back