• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ball joint mismatch?

Racer~X

NAXJA Forum User
3 stores say the new one is the right length, but it doesn't fit my knuckle
This is what I mean about the length:
6516917073_a27f9179ef_b.jpg

aVSUpc

P1050806 ball joints old-new inchs

Last edited:
Assume the tards at O'Reilly gave you the wrong parts.

Go to RockAuto.com, find the ball joints that fit your Jeep, and write down the brands and part numbers. Have O'Reilly cross reference by brand and part number and see if you get the same results.

Don't forget to put your Jeep info in any technical posts, Year, Engine, T-Case, Trans, axles, any lift, or other info as needed or as applies to your question.

Last edited:
I see you made it here from JF. They had some interesting theories there, but no, your knuckles nor C are incorrect.

You probably have the wrong parts, or a brand that just doesn't make things correctly. I've never ran into this issue, but at the same time I know other people on this forum have. I've had good luck with Moog and Napa's ball joints.

In your first pic, what is that bolt on top of the ball joint?

I forgot to add, maybe somebody had several ball joints out the their boxes and then mixed them up. Even though the O'Reilly folks around here are friendly and try to be helpful, they only know what the computer screen tells them. They are basically useless for any Tech info, and their Jeep database has some proven errors. I always try to bring along the old part to compare to the new part.

Back