• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacement fan for stock e unit but better

greythunder3

NAXJA Forum User
First post! I want to start by saying i have found more useful information here than any other cherokee or jeep forum. Glad to be a part of it!

I live in Charlotte NC and in the summers here it gets HOT! on top of that I am doing short city driving, lots of long stop lights, stop signs and speed bumps.

As part of a complete cooling system upgrade, I plan to upgrade my stock Efan, keeping the mechanical one. Later i will do the zj clutch and an all aluminum 2 row and hood vents.

My question is what is the best drop in replacement efan that will have a higher cfm than the stock 10 blade S blade unit?

I was looking at flex-a-lite, but wasnt sure which one would be best.

The stock aux fan is about as good as you will ever find. The 97+ pulls not only more air, but is quieter due to the curved blades.

The ZJ fan clutch will force the mechanical fan to pull more air, be prepared for the noise.

Also be prepared for a drop in your hiway mileage... With the extra speed due to the better coupling comes extra hp loss to turn the thing.

Personally, I went all electric...

Back