• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need better braking!

XJ longhouse

NAXJA Forum User
i need some better brakes, anything i can do to get better braking out of a ford 8.8 rear and a 30 front?

what about pads? are ebc's worth the money? or are the expensive pads at local autoparts stores better,

is there any calipers that swap out for better stopping?

any imput will help thanks

What size tires, how much does it weigh and how do you plan on using it?

I noticed a significant improvement in braking power when I installed my EBC Yellow Stuff pads. I was battling some squeaking early on, but now that I think about it I can't remember the last time I heard any noise from them...

convert to the knuckles off of a WJ with the big brakes. Swap on the calipers/rotors for a cobra in the rear.

I have the Vanco kit on my rig with
35's and can lock em up at will. My father has the Black Magic pad upgrade on his rig with 35's. The Black Magic pads work much better than the ebc yellows I used to run.

Are you already running the 96+ dual diaphram booster?

8.8 wit discs/D30 with WJ brakes and 96 booster here, no problems on 33's

A little more info on your rig would help

I hear a 60 or a 3/4 ton front 44 has big enough brakes to stop 38s, maybe you could cut 60 outers off and weld them onto your 30? lol should have seen this coming

Back