• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cel on

992drxj

NAXJA Forum User
alright i swapped my engine and trans out 3 months ago and after the swap had a cel for the nss. the jeep that the trans came out of never had a light on and yes the bulb is functional. is it possible that the linkage for the shifter is not adjusted right?

jeep starts up in park and neutral, will not start in gear, and runs and shifts just fine. i unfortunately have to get my emissions done in 1 month.

i cant remember the codes but will pull them tmmrw.

97 on the engine, 2000 on the trans, the speed sensor, harness, and magnet have been changed on that side. the nss is the same as my 97.

here are the codes
po 1694 no ccd message from pcm

po705 trans range circuit PRNDL input

p1899 park neautral switch stuck in park or in gear.

thanks for the help
today i checked the connection at the pcm, found to be good. checked the nss harness at firewall found ok. found the reverse light to work.

im curious if the adjustment with the linkage could be causing this.

alright replaced the switch and still have the same codes . i cleared them and drove around and they came back active.

went to firestone today and they hooked their scanner to it and only p705 and p1899 were active. they checked the nss, checked the connection at the nss harness, cleaned the connector, made sure that the pins were good. we replaced the battery due to low voltage. and i still have codes p705,and p1899.

they think that its inside the transmission on the shift solenoid side, but that does not make any sense as all the codes are related to a nss which is a different harness.
user_online.gif

I would give the NSS another adjustment. This is how I do it, but it sort of takes two people... Or a meter on the switch at the connector.

With the transmission selector in reverse, ignition on, engine OFF, rotate the NSS counterclockwise until the backup light goes off.
Rotate the NSS until the light just comes back on. Slow moves...
Continue to rotate clockwise until it goes off and then...
Slowly rotate counterclock until it just comes back on.
Mark the NSS.

The middle point of the two marks is where the switch needs to be. This all assumes that the switch is in good condition (disassembled/cleaned and then regreased using dielectric grease only or new).

i took it too a trans shop today as i think their is an issue in the wiring some where, cause it all started after the engine and trans replacement. replaced the nss with a brand new one from rock auto parts.

thanks for the suggestion i will update tmmrw after i hear from the shop.

any body ever dealt with mr.transmission?

alright the dealership found no communication between the tcm and ecm. they unplugged my tcm plugged in a new and no communication still, they plugged my old one back in and said it started communicating again.

they cleared the codes, drove and said it was ready to pick up. i get their and the check engine light came back for the same codes.
user_online.gif

Back